The Five Boro Bike Tour, America’s largest cycling event, will pedal through each borough this Sunday.
“The Five Boro Bike Tour and Bike Month activities are the perfect way to explore the city by bike,” said Transportation Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan. “Our growing bike network makes getting around easy, safe and fun.”
The 40 mile tour kicks off just north of Battery Park at 7: 45 a.m., passing through the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn, before stopping in Staten Island for a festival. The 32,000 cyclists finish up with a trip back to Manhattan on the Staten Island Ferry.
There will be rolling street, bridge and highway closures on Sunday as a result of the tour beginning at 6:30 a.m. and lasting until 6 p.m.
In Queens, there will be the following closures:
From 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• 21st Street from Queens Plaza North to Hoyt Avenue: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Hoyt Avenue from 21st to 19th streets (Astoria Park)
• Shore Boulevard from Astoria Park South to Ditmars Boulevard
• Astoria Park South from Shore Boulevard to 14th Street
• 14th Street from Astoria Park South to 31st Avenue
• 31st Avenue from 14th Street to Vernon Boulevard
• Queens Plaza South from 34th Street to Vernon Boulevard
• Vernon Boulevard from 31st Avenue to 44th Drive
• 44th Drive from Vernon Boulevard to 11th Street
• 11th Street from 44th Drive to the Pulaski Bridge
From 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Astoria Park
From 8:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Pulaski Bridge
For the tour’s exact route visit bikenewyork.org.