A burning candle left unattended in a Bay Terrace home during Monday’s snowstorm sparked a fire that ripped through the second floor of the building, fire officials said.
Video footage posted by the FDNY shows the flames shooting from the second floor and roof of 15-62 Waters Edge Dr.
The fire started about 8:30 p.m. Monday at the private residence amid a blizzard warning and as snow was falling. Windy conditions made it more difficult for firefighters to battle the two-alarm blaze, according to police. It took 105 firefighters until about 10:15 p.m. to control the flames.
No injuries were reported.
- Police officers honored for saving man’s life in LIC
- Kew Gardens Hills residents enraged over city proposal to create new express bus service
- Revitalized Ridgewood commerical building with Lucille Roberts asking for $8.5M