Updated Tuesday, Dec. 2, 9:14 a.m.
A stove mishap on Thanksgiving Day caused a gas explosion at a South Ozone Park home and left one person injured, fire officials said.
The 107-55 108th St. two-story dwelling exploded about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, according to the FDNY.
A man who suffered from burns, according to published reports, was taken to the hospital in serious, but non-life-threatening condition.
The location of the explosion was an illegally renovated apartment in the back of the house, according to fire and National Grid officials. An investigation showed that the resident was trying to light the stove when the incident happened.