The MTA will make the following service changes for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, according to the transit agency.
New York City Subway
On Monday, May 25, the city’s subway system will operate on a Sunday schedule. Customers are reminded to use the A, C, D or Q instead of the B and the J instead of the Z. Express service is not available on the 6 and 7. In addition, on Sundays, some subway routes are shortened. The following diversions are in effect on Memorial Day through 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 26:
• Manhattan-bound 1 trains run express from 14 St to Chambers St. Bronx-bound 1 trains run express from Times Sq-42 St to 72 St.
• Brooklyn-bound 2 trains run express from 14 St to Chambers St. Bronx-bound 2 trains run express from Times Sq-42 St to 72 St.
• 34 trains skip Rockaway Av and Van Siclen Av in both directions.
• Brooklyn-bound 46 trains skip 103 St.
• Bronx-bound 4 trains run local from Grand Central-42 St to 125 St.
• 5 trains are suspended between E 180 St and Bowling Green in both directions. 6 service is extended to Bowling Green.
• Far Rockaway/Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd bound, A trains skip Rockaway Blvd.
• Manhattan-bound AC trains run express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 125 St.
• Brooklyn-bound C trains run express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.
• Brooklyn-bound D trains are rerouted on the N line from 36 St to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.
• E trains run local in both directions between Roosevelt Av and Forest Hills-71 Av in Queens.
• Brooklyn-bound F trains are rerouted via the E line from Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Wash Sq, and then via the A to Jay St-MetroTech. F trains run local in both directions from Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.
• Coney Island-Stillwell Av bound N trains stop at 45 St and 53 St.
• Coney Island-Stillwell Av bound Q trains run express from Prospect Park to Kings Hwy.
• Brooklyn-bound R trains stop at 53 St and 45 St. R service is extended to the Jamaica-179 St F station.
Long Island Rail Road
The Long Island Rail Road will provide 10 additional early-afternoon train trains from Penn Station on Friday, May 22. The LIRR will operate on a regular weekend schedule on Saturday and Sunday and on a holiday schedule on Memorial Day.
For more details, click here.
On Friday, May 22, Metro-North will provide 17 extra trains departing Grand Central between 1 and 4 p.m., and one extra departure from Hoboken Terminal on Metro-North’s Port Jervis Line. On Monday, May 25, Memorial Day, a Sunday schedule will be in effect on the Harlem, Hudson and New Haven Lines, and a weekend schedule will be in effect on the Port Jervis and Pascack Valley Lines.
For more details, click here.
Staten Island Railway
MTA Staten Island Railway will operate its Early Departure Get Away schedule on Friday, May 22. This schedule means extra SIR trains will be added earlier in the afternoon beginning at 2:30 p.m. from the St. George Ferry Terminal. There will be one express train and one local train awaiting every boat until 7:50 p.m. The Early Departure Get Away service plan on SIR is also available on Wednesday, July 3.
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
MTA Bridges and Tunnels will suspend all scheduled maintenance work beginning 1 p.m. on Friday, May 22, through the end of the morning rush on Tuesday, May 26.