Police are seeking three men in the burglaries of more than a dozen businesses around the city, including 12 in Queens, where as much as $10,500 in cash was taken during one theft, authorities said.
According to police, the suspects typically break into the businesses by clipping the lock on their front entrance roll gates.
The series of burglaries and several attempted thefts include at least 17 locations across Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan, dating from January to April of this year:
- On Jan. 22, at about 4:52 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Good Market, located at 61-05 39th Ave. in Woodside, and removed 25 cartons of Marlboro cigarettes, $300 in cash and a safe containing $4,000.
- Between 11 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7, and 10 a.m. on Feb. 8, the suspect(s) entered Cigar Hookah Inc., located at 65 West 14th St. in Manhattan, and removed $6,526 in cash.
- On Feb. 15, 2015, between 4:11 and 4:30 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Ping’s Restaurant, located at 83-02 Queens Blvd. in Elmhurst, by clipping the lock for the side door roll-down gate but fled without taking anything.
- On March 1, at about 2:30 a.m. the suspect(s) entered Homecrest Pharmacy, located at 1826 Gravesneck Rd. in Brooklyn, and removed $100 in cash.
- On March 1, at about 4:17 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Taran Grocery, located at 43-10 45th Ave. in Sunnyside, and removed $1,000 in cash.
- On March 2, at about 2:30 a.m., the suspect(s) entered the Deep Trading Corporation, located at 29-10A 30th Ave. in Astoria, and removed $10,574 in cash from the safe.
- On March 5, between 4:50 and 5:10 a.m., the suspect(s) entered a Saba Deli located at 232 Underhill Ave. in Brooklyn, and removed $80 in cash.
- On March 5, at about 5:40 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Kingston Pharmacy, located at 1106 Saint Johns Pl. in Brooklyn, and removed a safe containing $6,000 in cash.
- Between 5 a.m. on March 9 and 10 a.m. on March 10, the suspect(s) entered Sharp Rite, located at 1682 East 13 St. in Brooklyn, and removed an empty safe which was later recovered in the vicinity of the location.
- Between 2 and 8:30 a.m. on March 10, the suspect(s) entered Lake Pavilion, located at 60-15 Main St. in Flushing, through the rear basement door, and removed $600 in cash and multiple checks.
- On March 13, at about 5:50 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Franny Lew Wine and Liquor, located at 198-29 Horace Harding Expwy. in Fresh Meadows, by prying open the front door but fled without any goods.
- Between 11:45 p.m. on March 13 and 11 a.m. on March 14, the suspect(s) entered New Great Wall, located at 69-13 Woodside Ave. in Woodside, and removed $100 in cash.
- Between 1 and 8 a.m. on March 14, the suspect(s) entered a restaurant, located at 192-20 Northern Blvd. in Flushing, by breaking the front door but fled without any goods.
- Between 5:05 and 5:20 a.m. on March 14, the suspect(s) entered Sushi Fusion and Grill, located at 105-43 64th Rd. in Forest Hills, and removed $520 in cash.
- Between 5:05 and 5:20 a.m. on March 14, the suspect(s) entered Super Glatt Kosher Mini Market, located at 105-45 64th Rd. in Forest Hills, and removed $250 in cash.
- On March 17, at about 3:30 a.m., the suspect(s) entered Elmhurst Pharmacy, located at 81-06 Baxter Ave. in Elmhurst, by prying opening the front door and removed $100 in cash.
- On April 1, at about 2:50 a.m., the suspect(s) entered N&K Jmart, located at 79-23 Northern Blvd. in East Elmhurst and removed $5,500 in cash.
Authorities have released a photo of one the suspects from the March 13 burglary at the New Great Wall restaurant located at 69-13 Woodside Ave. in Woodside.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or can text their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.
- Forest Hills men charged with illegally evicting Richmond Hill homeowner
- Alleged Maspeth pizzeria, Ridgewood drugstore burglars picked up by cops
- Pair sought in Queens police impersonation robberies