A Hillcrest High School student recently exposed to tuberculosis is receiving treatment and recovering, officials said, as cases of the potentially deadly bacterial infection in the city rise for the first time in a decade.
Hillcrest High School
At the annual NYC Wrestling Mayor’s Cup tournament on Sunday, Adam Gomez was fully locked on to his opponents, as he topped his competition to win the crown in the 106-pound division.
Queens schools are failing in at least one subject– classroom sizes. Hillcrest High School in Jamaica ranked highest in the number of oversized classrooms, 400, and Bayside’s Benjamin Cardozo High School follows with 385, according to a recent United Federation of Teachers (UFT) survey. More than 230,000 students citywide spent some of the first few [...]
TODAY’S FORECAST Thursday: Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 77. Breezy. Winds from the SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible. Thursday night: Overcast with a chance of a [...]
TODAY’S FORECAST Tuesday: Overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 86. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.Tuesday Night: Overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers. Low of 73. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. [...]