The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a high wind watch and said damaging winds may blow through the city this weekend.
Strong winds are expected to begin tonight and last into Saturday evening.
Gusts may reach up to 60 mph, with sustained winds of 40 mph, according to the NWS.
The strongest winds will come after midnight.
The winds strength means there is potential for downed trees and power lines.
The Department of Buildings is warning property owners to take precautionary measures to secure safety. The DOB said to:
- Bring inside loose, lightweight objects such as lawn furniture, potted plants, garbage cans, garden tools and toys.
- Anchor objects that would be unsafe outside, such as gas grills or propane tanks.
- Close up and secure patio umbrellas.
- Secure retractable awnings.
- Remove aerial antennas and satellite television dishes.