Updated April 11, 10:08 a.m.
BY ANTHONY GIUDICE, ROBERT POZARYCKI AND CRISTABELLE TUMOLA
Four seniors — including a married couple in their 80s — were found dead inside a Floral Park home Friday afternoon, according to police, in an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
A relative of one of the victims reportedly made the grim discovery at about 3:15 p.m. during a visit to the home on 86th Avenue near 260th Street.
According to sources, the relative visited the location after not hearing from anyone at the home for several days. Reportedly, one of the victims—Jerry Hugel, 83—was discovered dead near a running vehicle parked in the garage attached to the home.
Police said Hugel’s wife—Marie Hugel, 80—and a tenant who lived in the apartment above them—Gloria Greco, 70—were also found dead along with Walter Vonthadden, 76, of Riverside Drive in Whitestone. Reportedly, he was a friend of one of the victims.
Officers from the 105th Precinct and Fire Department units responded to the scene; all four victims were pronounced dead.
Their bodies were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for autopsies.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Woman found on Richmond Hill sidewalk identified
- Alleged Maspeth pizzeria, Ridgewood drugstore burglars picked up by cops
- Forest Hills men charged with illegally evicting Richmond Hill homeowner