It’s time to step up to the plate for the New York Blood Center.
Assemblyman Edward C. Braunstein is once again sponsoring a Bayside Community Blood Drive in conjunction with the New York Blood Center on Thursday, Aug. 13.
The drive will take place from 2:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Bay Terrace Shopping Center at 212th Street and 26th Avenue.
Each donor will receive by mail a pair of tickets to a 2015 Mets game courtesy of the center. The first 60 donors will also receive a voucher for a free pint of soup from Ben’s Kosher Deli as part of its Pint for a Pint program. Additionally, all donors will get free pastries courtesy of Panera Bread and complimentary beverages provided by Waldbaums.
“Each donation helps to save up to three lives,” Braunstein said. “Our hospitals are in need of your assistance, so I hope you will take the time to share this lifesaving gift.”
- Bring ID with photo or signature
- Minimum weight 110 pounds
- Age 16 to 75 (16-year-olds need parental permission and ages 76 and over need a doctor’s note)
- Eat well (low fat) and drink plenty of fluids before donating
- No new tattoos in the last 12 months
- For medical questions concerning blood donations call 800-688-0900
- Walk-ins are welcome
For more information on this drive, please call Braunstein’s office at 718-357-3588.