Parts or all of: Howard Beach, Ozone Park, Lindenwood, Fort Greene, Beford-Stuyvesant, Brownsville, East New York, Canarsie, Flatlands, Marine Park, Brighton Beach, Coney Island and Sea Gate
Current Position: City Councilmember
Personal Info: Married for 29 years with two children
– $80 million for two new schools
– Number one in affordable housing
– $15 million for three new park renovations
– Won fight to keep two senior centers and three schools open in the district
– Defend Medicare & Social Security
– Universal health care/single payer
– Restore cuts and increase funding for education
– Restore cuts and increase funding for housing subsidies
Current Position: Assemblymember in 57th Assembly District in Brooklyn. He is also a practicing attorney.
Personal Info: Married with two sons
Issues: Job creation, affordable housing and criminal justice reform are major issues of the district.
Platform: In Congress, my plan is to work with President Barack Obama to download all of the resources available directly into the district to spur job creation, preserve and create affordable housing and continue my work with the reform of our criminal justice system and protection of the civil liberties of law-abiding New Yorkers. I have will also fight for more senior housing and stand up to protect Social Security and Medicare.
Check out the primary guide for all the races: