On Monday, Feb. 17, the Presidents’ Day holiday, there will be the following MTA service changes, according to the transit agency.
Subways and buses
The city’s subways and buses will operate on a Saturday schedule with some service changes:
- 4 trains are not running. Customer can use 5 service in Brooklyn and Manhattan and D service and shuttle buses in the Bronx.
- The 5 train is extended to Utica Ave./New Lots Ave. replacing 4 service.
- 7 weekend work is extended through Monday; 7 trains operate only between Times Square and Mets-Willets Point.
- Weekend work is extended through Monday; A trains operate in two sections – 207 St. to Jay St.-MetroTech and Utica Ave. to Lefferts Blvd./Far Rockaway. Shuttle buses between Jay S.t-MetroTech and Utica Ave.
- Other weekend track work diversions will extend through Monday. Details will be posted here.
Long Island Rail Road
The LIRR will operate on a holiday schedule with one extra westbound morning on the Ronkonkoma Branch. The train will depart from Ronkonkoma at 7:10 a.m. and make all local stops to Hicksville, then stop at Jamaica and Woodside before arriving at Penn Station at 8:28 a.m.
Off peak fares will be in effect all day. Regularly scheduled eastbound and westbound trains will have added cars to accommodate additional passengers.
The Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry, will not operate. The north end exits to Grand Central at 46th-48th streets will be closed.
Staten Island Railway
Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule. There will be no early Get Away schedule for the Friday before the holiday weekend.