Heavy rains and strong winds are expected in the New York City area tonight into tomorrow. Over two inches of rain may flood the area with winds of 25 mph and gusts up to 40 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Leaves may clog drain pipes exacerbating flooding. Minor coastal flooding is also possible Wednesday morning during high.
Due to the strong winds, that may reach higher speeds than forecasted depending on the area of the city, the Department of Buildings is implementing an Inclement Weather Advisory through Thursday morning, November 24.
In these high winds construction sites and property owners should take all precaution necessary to keep themselves and others safe. These are some of the measure property owners should take:
- Bring inside loose, lightweight objects such as lawn furniture, potted plants, garbage cans, garden tools and toys.
- Anchor objects that would be unsafe outside, such as gas grills or propane tanks.
- Close up and secure patio umbrellas.
- Secure retractable awnings.
- Remove aerial antennas and satellite television dishes.