Ridgewood Savings Bank will host a financial seminar and free homebuyers’ workshops at several branches in April and June for people who need assistance.
At the homebuyers’ workshop, bank representatives and a licensed architect will take participants through the process of buying a residence, including initial decision-making cost analysis, criteria for selecting the right home and mortgage application do’s and don’ts.
At the financial seminar, professionals will explain how to start and manage checking and savings accounts for emergencies, financials goals and retirement, among other topics.
“As a community-focused institution for more than 90 years, Ridgewood Savings Bank has an unwavering commitment to helping people achieve homeownership and financial stability,” said Peter Boger, Ridgewood Savings Bank chairman, president and chief executive officer. “These programs provide residents of the communities that we serve with vital information about purchasing a home, managing their money, and achieving their financial goals.”
• Tuesday, April 8, 6:15-8:15 p.m. at the Ridgewood branch, 71-02 Forest Ave.
• Tuesday, April 22, 6:15-8:15 p.m. at the Astoria branch, 43-14 Ditmars Blvd.
• Tuesday, June 3, 6:15-8:15 p.m. at the Elmhurst branch, 74-25 Grand Ave.
• Wednesday, May 14, 6:15-7:45 p.m. at the Astoria branch, 43-14 Ditmars Blvd.
- MTA to restore, boost weekend bus service on two Queens routes
- Astoria makes room for creative ideas
- Stop for school bus or lose license for 60 days: state Senate