Some of the growing neighborhoods in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens are getting a much needed service boost.
The service increase will be as follows:
- On Saturday L train service will be increased a total of 33 round trips between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- On Sunday L train services will be increased a total of 23 round trips between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Weekday evening L service will be increased a total of 3 round trips
- Weekday M service will increase one round trip – one northbound trip in the morning and one southbound trip in the late afternoon
In order to lower wait times during peak periods, there will also be increased M line service on Forest Hills-bound weekday morning and Metropolitan Ave- bound weekday afternoon trains.
The service changes, which are scheduled for the fall of this year, will cost about $1.7 million annually. M line service changes will be simultaneous with the Superstorm Sandy-related restoration of R line service.
For up-to-date information, visit www.mta.info.
- New Fox comedy to feature 30-somethings living in Queens
- Jackson Heights filmmaker turns to Kickstarter for new flick
- Whitestone Bridge art contest winners announced