A new FX series, “The Americans,” will be shooting an upcoming episode in Bayside and will be setting up in the area this week for the shoot, according to the Bayside Village BID.
The show, which premieres tonight at 10 p.m., is about the marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected president, and stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys.
Scenes will take place at the LIRR Station, located off of Bell Boulevard, and inside a number of other area locations. Television crews will be setting up and parking equipment from 10 p.m. Wednesday, January 3o until late on Thursday, January 31. The following locations will have no parking during those times:
- Bell Boulevard from 39th Ave to 42nd Avenue
- 41st Ave from 212th Street to 214th Place
- 40th Ave from 214th Place to 215th Place
- 214th Place from 39th Ave to 40th Avenue
- 215th Street from 39th Ave to 40th Avenue
All of those streets will be open to vehicular traffic. The municipal lot located on 41st and 214th Place will be open. If you have any further questions please contact the production company directly. Their contact information is located on the signage along the streets listed above.
- Citywide initiative to help cultural nonprofits, art funding
- Film focuses on Rockaway recovery
- EXCLUSIVE: Couple’s wedding plans botched by Queens banquet hall Patrizia’s