There will be no service on the E train between the Roosevelt Avenue and World Trade Center stations, and no service on the F between the Roosevelt Avenue and 21st Street-Queensbridge stations from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, June 3 to early Friday morning, June 7, according to the MTA. The service change is part of the transit agency’s Fastrack maintenance program.
Customers may take the 7, N or free shuttle buses as alternatives. Also, customers coming from Manhattan who normally ride the E or M to Court Square can instead take the 7.
M and R train service will also end early during this maintenance.
During this FASTRACK, trains will operate as follows:
- E in Queens only between Jamaica Center and 74th Street/Roosevelt Avenue
- F in two sections:
1. Between 179th Street and Roosevelt Avenue and
2. Between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and 21st Street-Queensbridge.
- M service ends early each night and the M shuttle operates between Metropolitan and Myrtle Avenues all night.
- R service ends early each night and the R shuttle operates in Brooklyn between 95th Street and 36th Street all night.
As alternatives customers may:
- Take the 7 between Manhattan and 74th Street-Roosevelt Avenue or Queensboro Plaza
- Take the N between Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza
- In Manhattan, transfer at 5th Avenue/42nd Street-Bryant Park 7, F , Times Square-42nd Street/42nd Street-Port Authority 7 , A , and 34th Street-Herald Square F, N
- In Manhattan along 8th Avenue, take the local A instead of the E
- Take free shuttle buses running LOCAL between Queensboro Plaza and 74th Street-Roosevelt Avenue making station stops at Queens Plaza, 36th Street, Steinway Street, 46th Street, Northern Blvd and 65th Street
- In Queens, transfer between shuttle buses and trains at 74th Street-Roosevelt Avenue 7, E, F or Queensboro Plaza 7, N