A man has been charged with reckless endangerment after the drain cleaner he was carrying burned two young brothers, said police.
The boys, five and eight, were onboard a Q53 bus around 5:30 p.m. Saturday, near Metropolitan Avenue and Woodhaven Boulevard, when 32-year-old Ivan Ivanov’s cleaner leaked onto the floor where the two children were sitting, according to authorities.
The brothers suffered minor burns on the legs and buttocks, and were taken to the hospital in stable condition.
- Elderly father assaults daughter with burning chemical liquid
- One injured in school bus crash in Willets Point
- High carbon monoxide levels force evacuation of eight buildings in Astoria