Pet food company Lafeber has issued a voluntary bird food recall. Some grains stored in hot humid conditions can develop hot spots, randomly increasing their moisture, said the company, and the increased moisture level can lead to problems with the food over time, such as bacterial or fungal growth.
Though no problems have been reported, the company is recommending that those who have bird food with certain lot numbers, stop feeding it to their pets. Lafeber will be replacing the recalled food and contacting customers about how to make arrangements for replacing and returning the products.
Products affected by the recall:
● Parrot Nutri-Berries (12 oz. tubs), with a Best Before date of 121913B
● Parrot Nurti-Berries (3.25 lb. tubs and 20-lb. boxes) with a Best Before date of 121813A, 121813B, 121913A, 122713A, 122713B and 010514
● Parrot Popcorn Nutri-Berries (4 oz. and 1-lb. bags) with a Best Before date of 122013 122613
● Cockatiel Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries (10 oz. bags) with a Best Before date of 122113 and 010214
● Parrot Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries (10 oz. and 3-lb. bags) with a Best Before date of 122513 and 122813